The Bauhaus school, founded in 1919 by Walter Gropius in Germany, trained the greatest artists and architects who revolutionized the world of design. The Bauhaus laid the normative foundations and patterns of what we know today as industrial and graphic design. It is said that before the existence of the Bauhaus, these two professions did not exist as such and were in fact conceived within this school. The works produced at the Bauhaus were declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1996.
Including new forms, breaking with the conventional and always looking for new compositions, the Bauhaus collection is made up of two fabrics and combines perfectly with each other, in tones ranging from blues to grays and golds.
Meyer: this fabric owes its name to Hannes Meyer, director of the Bauhaus school and the inspiration of the movement. A man ahead of his time. It is a fabric that recreates a print effect “pixelated” in shades of blue and marine, gray and green, raw, stone and gold.
Gropius: was the founder of the school. Walter Gropius, along with Meyer, formed a tandem that revolutionized a way of understanding and conceiving art, design and architecture.
The main motive of this collection is a retro-inspired geometric drawing in viscose velvet. It is basically an upholstery fabric. These two combine with each other in its different color options, providing great versatility of tones and possibilities.
Bauhaus, a visionary school
“Architects, sculptors, painters, … we must return to manual work. Let us therefore create a new guild of craftsmen, free of the divisive class pretensions that endeavored to raise a prideful barrier between craftsmen and artists!”